How about a good morning first

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
kinghenry

How about a good morning first

Post by kinghenry » Tue May 14, 2013 11:08 am

Wouldn't it be nice if your OM/PD would actually say good morning first when you get to the station instead of saying, "Hey, get that on the website yet", "Get that promo done yet".......

scremped

Re: How about a good morning first

Post by scremped » Tue May 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Mine does. Unless he's been hounded by the owner about something or other, then I get what you get.

ronnie2057

Post by ronnie2057 » Thu May 16, 2013 6:10 am

Yes, how about THIS for respect and "peeeeeeeople skills"?

OM/PD: Morning (your name)--how are you? (wait for response; GENERALLY seem interested).

OM/PD: What do you have as priorities today?

People don't know what they don't know. If you haven't been TRAINED to deal with people, you don't know HOW to deal with people. That training could come from your parents, school, religion, a seminar or a book. It's a shame some people have such little respect for co-workers.

tommycolorado

Post by tommycolorado » Fri May 17, 2013 6:49 am

Could never understand how co-workers (sales & management) can waltz into the station after 9am and walk by the studio, just directly go to their desks and stare at the computer screen without even a simple acknowledgement to me, the morning guy who's been there since 5am. I'm the one who has to leave the studio and say "good morning" to these people, including the GM! ... and no, it's not because of respect for not interrupting the air talent, because they'll stroll into the studio during a live break just to check if an ad is on the log.

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Sun May 19, 2013 8:48 am

Seriously? Waaaahhhhh, why won't people stop doing their jobs and say hi to me because I'm so important??? Waaaahhhhhh, what a bunch of women. Enjoy being broke tardos!

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Mon May 20, 2013 6:28 am

Yes, JJ, we see you. We know you come here to feel as though you actually once worked in this industry and feel a part of it. The thing is, when you make comments like the above, you prove to the rest of us that you're not old enough to have worked in radio...unless you've found a station that hires 12 year olds. Grow up and stop bothering the adults here.

jbubba

Post by jbubba » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:02 pm

JJ....please dont use the word, "Tardo's"....What an offensive word that is...Please grow up as winterwest said. Some of us still like this industry which by the way has treated me really good..

johnwilson25

Post by johnwilson25 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:55 pm

What color personality are you? Are you Blue, Yellow, Green or Red? Have any of you been through this color test? Some of you may have heard of this before. People who are Blues tend to be the ones who like a warm hello and a "How are you?" before getting down to business. I think we have a few Blues in this thread. I am a Green and don't need that type of communication. I just want to get down to business. It is ok to be etiher one but knowing your co-workers colors can help you communicate with them. I had an engineer who was a real Blue, which I did not know at the time. As a Green I could never figure out why he needed a verbal hug. To him it is common courtesy. Someone pointed out that the Manager never had training on how to deal with ppl. Maybe he is just a dick, maybe some of the sales ppl are douches or maybe they are just not Blues.

How ya'll find this helpful.