Reno changes

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
codessky

Reno changes

Post by codessky » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:13 am

After a very disappointing book, Americom is about to kill off "Little City" (stupid name, by the way) at 97.3 and put its sports station, now at 1270AM, on the 97.3 frequency. This will make them more competitive with Lotus' ESPN Radio which is already on FM, especially since Americom has the SF Giants and baseball season starts soon. I don't know what they'll put on 1270AM. Maybe another sports station?

ocblones

Re: Reno changes

Post by ocblones » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:07 pm

They have CBS Sports which is not as strong as ESPN. Even with the stronger FM signal I doubt that they can really make a big dent into Lotus's station. But Lotus doesn't cover the entire metro so maybe with there better and stronger signal they can do more than I think. It will be an interesting battle -- 2 FM all-sports stations going head to head.

sactoradiogal

Post by sactoradiogal » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:05 am

They just signed up Yahoo Sports for the 1270AM signal, which now air CBS Sports. So CBS will now switch to 97.3, which is a great signal. Adam Delevitt is coming in to take over all of the sports programming on both stations, and my guess is that he's likely to do a show as well as program. I know that he turned down a San Diego job for this one, so Americom must have made a great offer.

sactoradiogal

Post by sactoradiogal » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:26 am

OK, the latest is that Byron Kennedy will be consulting at 97.3 and Carmichael Dave may be doing a show that will be separate from his Sacramento program. Not sure the signon date for the new format but it will be within a month.