CBS Reno to FM?

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
codessky

CBS Reno to FM?

Post by codessky » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:47 pm

I don't think the Byron Kennedy move is a done deal, although it's possible I'm a few days out of date. But I do believe that he'll be consulting on 97.3, which would make the station (especially with the upgraded signal) more competitive with Lotus. So far Americom has been running CBS' morning show (east coast time) on a delayed basis from 6-9a. That leads me to believe that they'll be doing a local morning show in that timeslot. Does anyone have an idea who it will be?

htk1140

Re: CBS Reno to FM?

Post by htk1140 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:01 pm

He is definitely NOT moving to Reno. Byron was there only to consult on the switch and help with mornings.

ocblones

Re: CBS Reno to FM?

Post by ocblones » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:45 am

Kennedy's a real talent in the sports radio field and he'll be a big help with CBS/Reno. My guess is that this will upgrade all of sports radio in the market and Lotus will respond with getting better as well, and probably add at least one additional local show. The rumor (probably not true, but who knows) is that Bruce Van ***, who used to program KOZZ, will return to Lotus to do a daily sports talk show. Sports has always been a big love of his and he left KOZZ years ago to do a sports show on KOH. I don't think that worked out too well, but this time it may. He's certainly a Reno legend and could help cement Lotus' lead. Unless, of course, Americom snags him!