What automation system do you prefer?

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
joetrdwy

Re: What automation system do you prefer?

Post by joetrdwy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:30 am

The only one I have used and that I'm familiar with is SAM. It's a good system. It's the only one that they use at CMS. (Colorado Media School)

zarrin

Post by zarrin » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:55 am

-Scott
-Wide Orbit
-AV

Dislike:

-Enco
-Nexgen
-Smartcaster

cdenver

Post by cdenver » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:38 am

STORQ

mabell

Post by mabell » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:33 pm

Maestro all the way. But, I'e been told you can't buy it anymore. It morfed into Wide Orbit?

mendoncottage

Post by mendoncottage » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:19 am

Arrakis is my best. I like that.

fmdj1

Post by fmdj1 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:57 pm

I've only used a few since I've been fortunate enough to stay at my stations a long time. Enco has a great interface and tons of features, but they treat their customers like beta testers and you have to pay for support to get fixes for bugs they introduce into the system with each upgrade. We've tended to settle on as stable a release as we can and then cancel our support for a couple years until there's enough new features to make it worth the investment/risk.
Simian is good for very simple small operations, but there is better/more stable out there for the price. For very small operations/small college/webcasters, I found Station Playlist to be very stable with a decent amount of features.

cdenver

Post by cdenver » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:49 pm

Plain and simple STORQ

kxqxfmx

Post by kxqxfmx » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:59 am

For a small market radio station - Station Playlist Creator. It is inexpensive but has features that the engineer can't even figure out. Just takes a bit of a learning curve. Formerly used SimionBSI - was Ok but Natural Music and Log which they recommend using was a pain in the ass and was cumbersome.

Started out using SMC carousels - then Pristine - then Enco - then Bsi Simion - now Station Playlist Creator.

powerhits1

Post by powerhits1 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:20 pm

I prefer, Jazler and The Digital Jukebox

Jazler becuse i can use Powergold.

And The Digital Jukebox because if its user friendly interface

sonnyking

Post by sonnyking » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:27 am

I've used most out there. But I think NexGen is the best out there. It can do anything. My second is Wide Orbit. Never a problem and over the last 3 years I've been working with it, never an instance of any hiccups with it. It just runs the way its supposed to 24/7. Simian is also good in my opinion. has bugs but very easy to use.