Cumulus is only half Nash in Reno?

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
codessky

Cumulus is only half Nash in Reno?

Post by codessky » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:41 pm

I'm up at Tahoe and have been listening to Cumulus' KBUL/Reno for the past few hours. Mostly I hear them ID'ing as "K-Bull 98.1". Sometimes it's "the Bull station." And sometimes it's "K-Bull 98.1 Nash FM". Sounds kind of like being half-pregnant. Does anyone know if Cumulus does this double-name thing in all of their Nash markets? I live in northern California and have only heard Nash (well, like 1/3 Nash) on KBUL.

ocblones

Re: Cumulus is only half Nash in Reno?

Post by ocblones » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:51 pm

I drove over from Sacramento this morning and heard the same thing. I'd say it's 80 to 90% K-Bull and the remainder Nash. My guess is that they like both and so are using K-Bull as primary name and Nash as secondary. Unusual, I agree. But maybe it will work!

sactoradiogal

Re: Cumulus is only half Nash in Reno?

Post by sactoradiogal » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:59 pm

My understanding is that they added the "Nash" name as just a place-holder so nobody else could grab it first. Then most likely early next year Cumulus will put the Nash brand (probably Nash Icon) on one of their other frequencies in Reno. That would give them K-Bull is their mainstream country and Nash as a classic sister station. So the dual name has a real purpose.