Been to a jock meeting lately?

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
pbergin

Been to a jock meeting lately?

Post by pbergin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:15 pm

See if any of this sounds familiar.

http://views.washingtonpost.com/leaders ... enial.html

I remember a particular meeting at WMZQ, when I brought up the uncomfortable fact that the enormous increase in commercial loading was going to sink us. The PD at the time said something to the effect of "I like to think that our listeners actually listen to our commercials"

I couldn't believe my ears, but I did notice the smiling acknowledgment of the station's general manager. I was a pariah at that station from that point on. Bottom line, it went from a 6 share to a 2.5, and it's still in the crapper.

boing

Re: Been to a jock meeting lately?

Post by boing » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Doesn't a jock meeting now consist of the ops man talking to the computer about the last misfire?

q

Post by q » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:07 pm

It sure doesn't take as many pizzas as it used to, that's for sure.

socyou

Post by socyou » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:56 pm

I really enjoy the Janitor"s Input . Since he is the only On air Employee left.... Great Point
Chuck.

Drakea83

Post by Drakea83 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:23 am

I always love the line "Well it works in X, so it'll work here." It's so funny how attitudes on music and radio can change just an hour up or down the road, but the people in charge of these large corporations just wanna make everything cookie-cutter, and can't udnerstand why people are tuning out.