Update....

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
tstone

Re: Update....

Post by tstone » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:22 am

Yet another update as we close in on the end of 2015. One semester away from finally getting my Bachelors (been pursuing since 92). Not only am I working two radio gigs, just got hired as a reporter and editor at the local paper.

Yep, broadening my media cred even more. And here in my hometown, my name is everywhere.

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:45 am

STONE!

I just stopped by to take a look. Glad I did! Congratulations on your gig(s)!

Ya know, Trey, I gotta tell ya....I see more people here that are bummed they can't get something going. But it seems if you look a little closer and read their posts, they're bummed because no one picked them up full time with benefits and car service. Then, there are those like yourself who pick up a piece of a gig AND TURN IT IN TO SOMETHING!

Admittedly, I've got no mortgage or kids I have to feed, (although my PaPa/Grandbaby spoilage index is rather high) but it seems that if you want to be in radio that badly, you might actually have to fight your way there while working at a regular (gasp!) J-O-B!

I just decided to go back on the air, myself. I had talked to a small group in the market, headed by a once-upon-a-time-in-LA-kinda guy that decided that, even here, he was just too big to even answer an email or return a call when I approached him about partnering on a few promotions. I thought they could use the help since I NEVER see them on the street. (remember the street?)

So, I approached a local talker and offered a pre-weekend activity planning feature with films, concerts, a ski report, gear guides and more. Pretty simple. Sponsors and promotional partners have been loving it and are coming for a place at the table while there's still space. I just gave away some very cool AMERICAN MADE survival equipment on the air as part of our gear guide.

Now the station is talking to me about a Mon-Fri gig. We'll see. Grandbabies take a lot out of you!
(and I'll give all I have of me til there's no more!)

Anyway...Merry Christmas and if I come down that way and get pulled over, I'll just say

"Do you know who the F#@k I AM!? I'm a close personal friend of Trey Stone"
(then I'll see if I can make bail....)

tstone

Post by tstone » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:43 am

Hey Winter, it's all about making it happen. If you have it, there is a path. Great to hear you are still on yours, my friend. Happy 2016!

tstone

Post by tstone » Wed May 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Winterwest and everyone else, steady as she goes. One semester away from graduation and still I roll on. I hope you all do, too.

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:37 am

STONE! Shoot me an email!
winterwestproductions@yahoo.com