What is the best format???

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
powerhits1

What is the best format???

Post by powerhits1 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:22 pm

I have been doing a Top40/Pop radio for the last 2-3 years and i want to make the format change easy.

what is the best format for me and my radio?

winterwest

Re: What is the best format???

Post by winterwest » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:47 am

"I", "me", "my radio"?

Are you an owner?

If you are what I view as a "typical" owner, (an owner that decided a radio station would be a good real estate investment - or - someone who views "talent" as an expense) then I would say...

Figure it out yourself. You thought you were smart enough to own a radio station without having to hire someone who already has these answers. Instead, you come here looking for free advice from professionals. Many of whom are looking for employment.

Hire one of them.

Are you on the air?

Are you thinking about taking your on air talents to another station that airs a different format? Easy. No matter what format you work or what station you're employed by, you take yourself with you.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

If you're on the air and have the kind of freedom where you work to change your shows format on a whim, then you've landed a pretty good gig and don't need my advice.

If you're on the internet, I don't know what to tell you. That's not radio.

cool2015

Re: What is the best format???

Post by cool2015 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:20 pm

powerhits1 wrote:I have been doing a Top40/Pop radio for the last 2-3 years and i want to make the format change easy.

what is the best format for me and my radio?
Have you heard about +8dBm power and broadcast it with 24 bit 44.1 Khz WAVE.Try it? :)