ALT 98.7 in LA - What's goin' on behind the scenes?

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
un0fficial

ALT 98.7 in LA - What's goin' on behind the scenes?

Post by un0fficial » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:15 pm

LA's "New Alternative" Alt 98.7's "The Woody Show" is hinting at an announcement to be made possibly about the station, as rumors are starting that they're (The station heads) are wanting "to go Country".

The Woody Show is having a party this Friday for its listeners and teased a big announcement regarding the station, however the official twitter for the show has now stated "UPDATE: It looks like we will NOT be making that announcement at the party on Friday. We'll let you know if anything changes."

Personally, I've listened to the show since they were at Live 105 in SF. As someone who works in radio in Dallas, our morning drive talent is stale, and I personally listen to these guys while driving to work at my station every morning.

Curious to know if anyone has heard anything.

thelegend

Re: ALT 98.7 in LA - What's goin' on behind the scenes?

Post by thelegend » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:29 pm

Probably a stunt. Who in their right mind would go Country in LA when the only Country their pulls less than a 2 share. But, Wait, there is no right minds in radio anymore. Just the clueless.And if some of you don't like what I say tough shit.

zebster

Re: ALT 98.7 in LA - What's goin' on behind the scenes?

Post by zebster » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:29 am

In addition to not liking WHAT you say, I am appalled at HOW you say it.

The only Country Station THERE.
There ARE no right minds.

That 2nd one is particular ironic.
Legend? Bad rumor is more like it.