Trip Giveaways

Got a great idea? Need a great idea? Share it! Please, no freelance, VO/Imaging or other business plugs!
jeana

Trip Giveaways

Post by jeana » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:56 am

Looking for info on a company that traded vacations around the country and a few cruises, on a barter basis. Used them a few years ago, I believe they were based out of Florida. Not even sure they are still doing it. Need your help email me at donelliott2010@gmail.com

scotfox

Re: Trip Giveaways

Post by scotfox » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:57 pm

I wouldn't mind having that info as well!

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:01 am

I'm curious why you would use a middleman instead of dealing directly with the cruise lines or other travel providers directly. Why not approach Travelocity, Kayak, or one of the the other many on-line services? You lose value when you have to carve up your promotional inventory in to too many pieces. I've done plenty of this kind of trade for companies I've worked for and still do a bit of it today for my own show. I use a live promo tracking system that applies a value equal to the top of the rate card and trade at their retail. If you're going to trade spot inventory, you might also approach them about using their trade outside of yours. In other words, let them bank their trade and run the spots they trade during their off season when they need them.

Don't forget, when you deal directly with the provider, you know EXACTLY what you're getting and have someone you can go to if you get "one of those calls" from your listener/winner!

jayguy943

Post by jayguy943 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Sun & Fun Media is one of the companies.

Careful though, winterwest has a good point. Don't give away the house because you don't want to do the leg work and contact the travel companies yourself.