Lunch Hour segment

Got a great idea? Need a great idea? Share it! Please, no freelance, VO/Imaging or other business plugs!
Drakea83

Lunch Hour segment

Post by Drakea83 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:52 pm

I'm trying to think of something different to do for our lunch hour. We've done a request show that's kind of run its course, and don't want to do a "Legends Lunch" because that's over done.

I've got a couple of ideas, but thought I'd put it out there to see if anyone's got something cool that everybody and their momma hasn't really done.

chandler_09

Re: Lunch Hour segment

Post by chandler_09 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:51 pm

I do the request thing - been doing it for 12 years and as the years go by I'm always looking at taking to a different place. I've been doing it through social media now and through twitter have them use the hashtag you set up.

jamesw

Post by jamesw » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:35 am

Still on LL. *blushes

cuddzu

Post by cuddzu » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:33 am

Hey Drake, here's an idea!

Lunch for most people is such a hurried experience, why not go Commercial Free for two hours (Noon-2p or 11a-1p) and sell that to one single sponsor. Call it the "Most Music Lunch" and even go jockless! Something I know nobody in Aggieland is doing! This way you can image the station as being the most music filled lunch hour anywhere, and just stick to your format, but the idea will be to meet the need of the hurried lunch goer.

Image Lines ideas:
"There's so much to do at lunch...get it done commercial free with (station)"

"On the go for Lunch? Try commercial free with (station)"

"Something different for lunch, with fewer calories and no commercials with (station)"

"It's rude to talk with your mouth full.....Lunchtime commercial free with (station)"

"Shut up and sing! Commercial free lunch with (station)"

SPONSOR LINERS
"Lunch without the noise, thanks to (advertiser) only on (station)"
"Your midday getaway commercial free, compliments of (advertiser) and (station)"
"An oasis of (format) without interruption. (advertiser) and (station)"
"Drop the tools, let the computer go to sleep, and spend lunch commercial free with (advertiser) and (station)"

Listener Benefit, Revenue Generator!
WIN-WIN

:-)

Buzz
Thank You
All Access Moderator

sofiazoe

Post by sofiazoe » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:52 am

Image Lines ideas:
"There's so much to do at lunch...get it done commercial free with (station)"

"On the go for Lunch? Try commercial free with (station)"