Question about how to get concert tix

Got a great idea? Need a great idea? Share it! Please, no freelance, VO/Imaging or other business plugs!
monicareed0808

Question about how to get concert tix

Post by monicareed0808 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:59 am

I am relatively new to promotions. The market I am in is close to Orlando, Tampa and Jacksonville. I know there are some great concerts going on in these towns. How do I go about finding out if these promoters want to do a promotion and how do I find out who the promoters are for the artists?
Just a lil help.
Thanks so much y'all!

successfulhost

Re: Question about how to get concert tix

Post by successfulhost » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:33 pm

Assuming you work for a real station, you ask the sales rep that has the account for the concert venue to get you tickets to give away on air.

corneo

Re: Question about how to get concert tix

Post by corneo » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:08 am

To expand on what successfulhost said go to the location of the event and offer them a barter. You will give them a PSA of their events for (whatever) months and they give you tickets for a give-a-way. (if there is tickets to give away. Could be a free event to the public)

Problems? Do you even reach the market the location is trying to reach or does your format fit their needs and you will have to push everything they do per the agreement they signed with you. Like: your a rock and roll station and they are plugging a revival on the evils of rock and roll stations.

Advantage: Hopefully they will tell people to listen to your station as a place to find their events and you may get tickets to some really good events.

Remember: If the event is a "good" event. They will have an advertisement budget. Most events have no advertising budget. Why? most promoter have no clue what they are doing.