Aventura.. overplayed?

rowdyron

Aventura.. overplayed?

Post by rowdyron » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:38 pm

Ok so I'm doing some extra work at this Latin Station (won't say where) but I feel like all they are playing is Aventura. I understand that they are MTV Tres' new "thing" but are they really the best that the Latin Music world has to offer. I think they sound like a stale version of the Backstreet Boys if they tried to join a gang in East LA. All I'm saying!

boomboxx

Re: Aventura.. overplayed?

Post by boomboxx » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Are you serious?? This is one of the best things to happen to Latin music and you think this is overrated. That is absolutely ridiculous. These guys have even performed at the White House.

I think its awesome that they have such a loyal fanbase in the Latin community. Hell, they even sold out Madison Square Garden 2 nights in a row. Just can't get enough of these guys.
Not saying that they should be played every hour but they are amazing.

chexmex

Post by chexmex » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Ron, you've obviously never seen these guys live!! You would definitely think twice!

rp662

Post by rp662 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:38 am

ron, i completely agree with you. I don't know what they hype is all about. All their songs seem to have the same music but with different lyrics, there is no variety with their music.

francoyaltovoltaje

Post by francoyaltovoltaje » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:19 am

Truth is that Aventura has created a massive fanbase and hired the right management/promotions people to expand it even further. Bachata couldn't even get on the radio 10 -15 yrs ago when they started their careers and here they've knocked down the doors and taken some stations over.

Now, they ARE in a very conservative genre that doesn't allow a lot of wiggle room as far as rhythmic base and instrumentation, but they do break the mold as far as what people did within the genre BEFORE them. They have earned their place at the top of the charts...

Franco
https://12khz.com
Last edited by francoyaltovoltaje on Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ramos8

Post by Ramos8 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:15 am

This discussion began in 2009 and I wonder if Ron now understands the mass-appeal influence that Aventura/Romeo has established. Not only has this group evolved over the years but they've stood the test of time and have adapted with the trends to keep on growing in this industry.