How do I get my Sales Team to Sell More Digital Media!?!?!?

What are you doing to make money in these tough times? How are you motivating your staff?

Moderators: shawnski, jdenver, pmsimon, patgillen, jeffy

seth_resler

Re: How do I get my Sales Team to Sell More Digital Media!?!

Post by seth_resler » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:28 pm

Dippy,

I suggest providing them with better leads. Use your website and a lead nurturing campaign to generate qualified leads. I explain the process on my website:

http://sethresler.com/5-things-every-ra ... ose-sales/

Hope it helps. Please let me know if you have any questions. -Seth

kasperson

Post by kasperson » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:19 pm

I recently did an analysis of radio websites. Overwhelming number has no reason to click-on. Without clicks your digital product is hard to sell. If you're getting more clicks than anyone in the market you'd have something big to sell. You do know you can get click #'s for your site?
Some suggestions:
Sell in combo with on-air spots.
Graphically make it exciting. Many sites just look alike, say the same thing. Scan stations across the country and find the ones that pop and there you are. I don't know your market but is your sites blow them away?
Run contest's that make you go to the website.
Up-to-the-minute 24/7 traffic and weather reports. That's one reason the news/talk guy's get high traffic. Your website can become the "news/talk" station for younger demos.
As we know in intimate radio the personalities become "friends" with the audience. Little space in dedicated to the talent. Bios are short and don't give you an insight to the person(s). I believe putting the stations talent in the front window rather than the music connects to the audience better. Assume you have competitions that have similar playlists. Recently while driving down a highway saw one billboard for a station with pictures of top recording artists and then station ID. Few miles ahead I saw the same artists on a billboard from another station. We in radio know what AOR is and Hot AOR but listeners don't.
You can hire people on Craigslist to keep clicking the website and click to advertisers
Lou Kasman
Ann Arbor, MI

fedegarza

Post by fedegarza » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:26 am

"You can hire people on Craigslist to keep clicking the website and click to advertisers"

If you have to resort to this then you have bigger problems than your sales staff. If an advertiser finds out about this practice your credibility is shot and you will lose money. Everything Lou said up to that point sounds good...Avoid that last one, though. You'll regret it.

corneo

Post by corneo » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:13 am

With the way google now does searches, pushing ads on a radio station website is a waste of time. The only way that I have found to get people to your site is by blasting it on the station airways.

SEO's is a thing in the past. Think about it, why would you go to a radio station website? Schedule, call in numbers, stream feed? Nothing turns me off quicker than looking at a site that has so much on it, I can't find things easily.

Put ads of running commercials on the site. Change them as the customer leaves and add them as an extra gimmick for sales.