Drake-Chenault's "The History of Rock and Roll"

Ask the Research Doctor a question.

Moderators: shawnski, rogerwimmer, jdenver

Forum rules
How do you ask the Research Doctor a question?

Just click on "New Topic" below and then type your question to me. Please put in a Subject and then ask your question in the body.

Your question is submitted annonymously unless you include your name.

Click "Submit" and then check back to find Dr. Wimmer's answer to your question.

If you wish to have a private answer to a question (not posted in the forum), please include your email address. Dr. Wimmer will send your answer directly to you.

Dr. Wimmer maintains an Archive of questions from the forum. Go to http://www.rogerwimmer.com and click on "The Research Doctor Archive" link.
rogerwimmer

Drake-Chenault's "The History of Rock and Roll"

Post by rogerwimmer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:39 am

Please tell me where I might find a copy of "The History of Rock and Roll" narrated by Harvey Miller—the revised version from 1971. Thank you. - Anonymous

Anon: There is a lot of information about the original 48-hour show from 1968 on the Internet, but I had a tough time finding if the exact show you mention can still be purchased.

I contacted a few friends and Phil LoCascio sent a few links for you to consider. As far as I know, these aren't the exact show you are talking about that are narrated by Humble Harve Miller, but they will give you a start:

Rock One

Rock Two

Rock Three

Thanks to Phil for his help.

Finally, I haven't give up finding more information. A few friends are still looking and I'll post new information here if anyone sends me anything.

(Want to comment on this question? Click on the POSTREPLY button under the question.)
Roger Wimmer is owner of Wimmer Research and senior author of Mass Media Research: An Introduction, 10th Edition.