Batteries and Heat

Ask the Research Doctor a question.

Moderators: shawnski, rogerwimmer, jdenver

Forum rules
How do you ask the Research Doctor a question?

Just click on "New Topic" below and then type your question to me. Please put in a Subject and then ask your question in the body.

Your question is submitted annonymously unless you include your name.

Click "Submit" and then check back to find Dr. Wimmer's answer to your question.

If you wish to have a private answer to a question (not posted in the forum), please include your email address. Dr. Wimmer will send your answer directly to you.

Dr. Wimmer maintains an Archive of questions from the forum. Go to http://www.rogerwimmer.com and click on "The Research Doctor Archive" link.
rogerwimmer

Batteries and Heat

Post by rogerwimmer » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi Doc: It's suddenly summer and I've noticed in the last few days, just as the weather was heating up, that my Blackberry isn't holding a charge the way it used to. Do hotter temps impact battery life? - Anonymous

Anon: Hi to you too. The quick answer to your question is: Yes, heat does affect batteries. For a good discussion of heat and battery life, click here .

If you would like addition references, there are others in this search and this one.

Finally, don't overlook the fact that your battery may be getting bad. Have it checked.

(Want to comment on this question? Click on the POSTREPLY button under the question.)
Roger Wimmer is owner of Wimmer Research and senior author of Mass Media Research: An Introduction, 10th Edition.

rogerwimmer

Re: Batteries and Heat

Post by rogerwimmer » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:54 am

Thank you for your news. - Anonymous

Anon: You're welcome. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Roger Wimmer is owner of Wimmer Research and senior author of Mass Media Research: An Introduction, 10th Edition.