Oprah Winfrey Final Show Production

Ask the Research Doctor a question.

Moderators: shawnski, rogerwimmer, jdenver

Forum rules
How do you ask the Research Doctor a question?

Just click on "New Topic" below and then type your question to me. Please put in a Subject and then ask your question in the body.

Your question is submitted annonymously unless you include your name.

Click "Submit" and then check back to find Dr. Wimmer's answer to your question.

If you wish to have a private answer to a question (not posted in the forum), please include your email address. Dr. Wimmer will send your answer directly to you.

Dr. Wimmer maintains an Archive of questions from the forum. Go to http://www.rogerwimmer.com and click on "The Research Doctor Archive" link.
rogerwimmer

Oprah Winfrey Final Show Production

Post by rogerwimmer » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:11 am

Doc: I really enjoy TV production and how things can be produced and I know you have done a lot of research for TV shows. I would like to know if you noticed any production differences in the final "Oprah" show as compared to her normal programs. Thanks in advance. - Anonymous

Anon: Hmm. When I started this column in January 2000, I said I would try to answer any question anyone sent to me. As of yesterday, I have only been stumped three times, and your question makes it four. Here is why . . .

According to several Internet sources, Oprah Winfrey did 4,562 shows during a 25-year run, which includes the final show on May 25, 2011. Of those 4,562 shows, I missed 4,562. Because of that, I can't answer your question, but I will be happy to post any replies that other people may send in. Sorry I can't help.

(Want to comment on this question? Click on the POSTREPLY button under the question.)
Roger Wimmer is owner of Wimmer Research and senior author of Mass Media Research: An Introduction, 10th Edition.

rogerwimmer

Re: Oprah Winfrey Final Show Production

Post by rogerwimmer » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:56 am

Doc: In 25 years, you never saw even ONE Oprah show? - Anonymous

Anon: Yes, that is correct. Not even one.
Roger Wimmer is owner of Wimmer Research and senior author of Mass Media Research: An Introduction, 10th Edition.