Star's Talent Search..

overboard

Star's Talent Search..

Post by overboard » Fri May 28, 2010 5:50 pm

I know Andrew Jeffries in search of a new talent to join Don Bleu on the air... but can we just make the assumption that he's looking for a female co-host. I'm a little disappointed that most stations would rather have a guy/girl team than two guys. I feel like its a little sexist. I feel that there should be shows with two women as well. Why does it always have to be like this?

airwavesguru

Re: Star's Talent Search..

Post by airwavesguru » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:17 pm

Because they want to see issues from both sides!! Its a simple concept. Put two guys in a room... who will generally listen to this.... GUYS! There are a few exceptions... Jeff and Jer, but most PDs look for that balance.
Would you wanna listen to two girls in the morning? Probably not... just making an example. :o

chris889

Post by chris889 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:20 am

I totally agree to you guys talking about this issue. Hmm. Sexist like no other!

rrdee110689

Post by rrdee110689 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:31 pm

It is a tricky balance. We are a two male show who has done TOP 40 and CHR our entire careers, and we are finding that we may need to move into ALT, ROCK or HOT TALK. This kind of thing is VERY COMMON. We were up for AM in a Top 20, we were back and fourth for 4 months, then one day after several interviews and face to faces we get the news... MP WILL NOT hire 2 men. We are coming off a 30 share show, record socials and 15K weekly podcast downloads too... so even with huge success it seems to be a thought. Antiquated? Maybe? But there are ppl and PD's who see talent and BEST SHOW over guy girl... Just not too many! See what I mean... Check out our podcast here... Remember this is our DAILY struggle and we have worked AM in NYC, DETROIT and in Philly and Tampa too... It is crazy. Sorry for the long post this struck a cord!