College MD looking for more ways to get music

Moderators: shawnski, jdenver

drmick

College MD looking for more ways to get music

Post by drmick » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:25 am

Hey all,

Just recently started as an MD at our alt-rock/college/indie non-profit station...and Im looking for ways to build our music library without shelling out too much money on itunes, any suggestions? Also i'd be extremely happy if the tunes came edited...but im not incredibly concerned with that. Mostly what I want is a way to get an extensive library of digital downloads! I look forward to hear from any music gurus.

Dr. Mick

Music Director and Disc Jockey of The Edge Radio (theedgeradio.org)

drmick

Re: College MD looking for more ways to get music

Post by drmick » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:42 am

Thanks!

We already use play MPE account, and we did get a lot out of it...my only problem is that the songs don't update currently enough...we also utilize DMDS, any other ones anyone knows?

mpelaia

Post by mpelaia » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:56 pm

http://www.newmusicserver.com also a radio professional site.

chrisj804

Post by chrisj804 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Streaming on whfs.com. Mr. Spam focuses on new alternative music, and is featured heavily in rotation. For those outside of Baltimore's 104.9 HFS's broadcast range like me when I'm at work I often listen online. Much clearer than the weak signal that has with low lying areas, or certain mornings weather-wise when a NJ station tends to over run the signal along the I-95 corridor making HFS unlistenable on the FM dial. Inside the Beltway its fine for the most part though.

Criptor

Post by Criptor » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:12 am

Try getting a subscription to Promo Only & or Nu Music Traxx

(promoonly.com, and ergmusic.com)

Both are professional DJ services providing radio friendly songs in multiple formats to Pro DJs and radio stations worldwide. Both are monthly I believe and come in either digital downloads or CDs. You must provide credentials to get access to them and they do check. Good luck!!

jdenver

Post by jdenver » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:03 am

If you are a college PD or MD, or anyone in programming, try All Access Downloads -- right here on AllAccess.com ... just go here, AllAccess.com/AADL and click on a song you want. It will send an email to us requesting permissions to use the service. AllAccess.com will get you hooked up!

wrsg915fm

Post by wrsg915fm » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

I am the station manager of a small high school FM station, WRSG (streaming on wrsgradio.com). I have been following the posts here, and very much appreciate what jdenver said. We would very much appreciate the opportunity to be able to download from a variety of formats. THANK YOU in advance!

Greg Goodfellow
WRSG Radio