New rock, Old sound

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
mikeplough

New rock, Old sound

Post by mikeplough » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:48 am

Hello hello,

I'm looking to add flavor to my morning show by adding some new rock bands that sound like the stuff we loved growing up. In that vein, I've looked at Airbourne, Wolfmother, Rival Sons and Greta Van Fleet as great examples of what I am looking for. I know there's a ton out there, but I'm struggling to find stuff.

Thanks.

readyontheradio

Re: New rock, Old sound

Post by readyontheradio » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:21 pm

There are all kinds of the older acts putting out new stuff and radio won't play it. A lot of your good solid rock with the old sound is coming out of Sweden. For instance check out YouTube Cruzh-Aim For The Heart would be a good place to start and then follow down the suggestions. Danger Danger members have formed a band called Defiants U Xd My Heart is their new single radio won't play it.
Two record companies to follow on YouTube definitely Frontier Records and AFM. A user to follow and look up his Hard Rock Playlists which he updates daily is Tomas Nilsson

escamosox76

Post by escamosox76 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:35 am

The Allman Betts Band ("All Night"), Magpie Salute ("Omission"), Black Country Communion ("Collide"), the whole "Echo In The Canyon" soundtrack (:Jakob Dylan & Eric Clapton "Questions"). Blackberry Smoke ("Run Away From It All"), Marcus King ("The Well"), Lupe Garu ("Come To See Me Fall"), Gov't Mule ("Stone Cold Rage"), Dead Daisies ("Righteous Days") are good examples of current recordings, classic rock sound. Wild Feathers "Got It Wrong" sounds like Tom Petty. Dawes "From A Window Seat" sounds like CS&N. Even Chris Stapleton has a tune called "Midnight Train To Memphis", southern rock school. Or the latest from Gregg Rolie (Journey, Santana) "What About Love", what a killer track indeed!!! Finally, I highly recommend a canadian classic rock station from Winnipeg, "Choice Classic Rock". Tons of new releases every month, as they write in their blog:
http://www.choiceclassicrock.com/blog/

rockstarradio

Post by rockstarradio » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:40 pm

Black Stone Cherry
Maylene and The Sons Of Disaster
Slash ft. Myles Kennedy
Arctic Monkeys
Beautiful Creatures
Eagles Of Death Metal
Gary Clark Jr.
The Killers