Looking for that dare to be great website.

Bring on your ideas about how to harness the power of the Internet.

Moderators: shawnski, pmsimon, patgillen, jeffy, jdenver

kellybgood

Looking for that dare to be great website.

Post by kellybgood » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:45 am

Anyone have any good recommendations as to whom to talk to for my station's site. We're a Top 40 station looking for some fun flash stuff to draw attention but not be too over the top. Nothing breaking the bank but something in the medium range would be nice. Please shout it out and let me know.

jamesgilmore1970

Re: Looking for that dare to be great website.

Post by jamesgilmore1970 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:48 am

stationality.com

yourdigitalwiz

Post by yourdigitalwiz » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:32 am

If you want to avoid a money pit you must know what you want before you hire a web redesign.

Flashy stuff is annoying and old school. It is not about winning awards or looking cool. It is about delivering something valuable to your audience (and even your advertisers). Remember that the web is a separate medium from broadcast. It is a separate business that needs to be refreshed as often as your talent clock, so you will need the staff and talent devoted to doing only web stuff.

Why will your listener's visit your website 2x or more? What will you have on your site that no other station has (unique viewing proposition)? What services will you attached to it: news, music, surveys, blogs, RSS feeds, social networking? Why? How will you pay for it? Have you accounted for all royalties and reporting associated to the site. Importantly will your listener's care. Even more importantly, will this be a profit center or a cost?

Find several station sites you think are close to what you want for yours and subscribe to them. See if you can invest at the same level. See how you feel as a subscriber. If you still have money and interest to invest, then now you have the knowledge to contact a web designer.

drlove

Post by drlove » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:01 pm

yourdigitalwiz is correct in their assessment but if you are still of a mind to invest in refreshing your website I highly recommend you take a look a siliconstudio.com. They will work within any budget, I have also found them to be extremely knowledgable, informative and professional. I have utilized their services for website design, branding , designing marketing material and the development of product packaging.

Nick Broome is the owner and has worked within the music industry quite abit so I believe he will understand your needs and concerns as well.

cbsmith

Post by cbsmith » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:39 pm

We use Intertech Media for our cluster (intertechmedia.com)... they specialize in sites for radio stations and have really made my life a breeze in the past 8 months since we started using them. I agree with everyone above about it being the content, so true!!

sahara61

Post by sahara61 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:29 pm

very good is looking for!
The Totallink is a young but innovative scaffolding & aluminum beam supplier in China. Located in Shanghai, Totallink takes the most location and transportation advance.