Using Skype For remote broadcast

What equipment’s hot, and what’s not? Regulatory matters – discuss!

Moderators: shawnski, pmsimon, patgillen, jeffy, jdenver

tgreenery79

Using Skype For remote broadcast

Post by tgreenery79 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:36 am

I'm the producer of a talk show that somewhat new. We don't have a fulltime engineer so I have to do alot of the engineering myself. We want to broadcast on location and I've been told that skype is the way to go. I've signed up for skype for broadcast and was just wondering if there were anywhere I could get more information how to use it for remotes. I've looked on the skype website but they give no real information on how it is used. I need to know what kind of mixer i would need and how to transmit phone calls from the station to the site so the talents can hear. Can anyone help me with a link or a list of things I will need for the broadcast. And I know I need a good internet connection and a computer that can connect to a usb board. But what else should I know.

The Beave

Re: Using Skype For remote broadcast

Post by The Beave » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Got Facebook??? friend and message me and I'll talk you through it.

Brian Spieker
Consultant/Talk Producer/New Media
Delicate Thunder Audio/Shocker broadcast services
Facebook - (briandouglasspieker)

tgreenery79

Post by tgreenery79 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Hey Brian, thanks for the respond. i had actually forgotten I had posted this because it got really crazy during football season in the southeast with the SEC and all. I do have Facebook. I tried to look you up on Facebook but couldn't find your page. i know it has been a few month since I posted this but I'm still interested in the info. I did however find your website. My name is Matthew Watson. I'll continue to try to find you on Facebook. Thanks in advance for the help.

dieting

Post by dieting » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:29 pm

I need to know what kind of mixer i would need and how to transmit phone calls from the station to the site so the talents can hear. Can anyone help me with a link or a list of things I will need for the broadcast.??
98-366 brain dumps
GuL

beverleygustar

Post by beverleygustar » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi, my name is Beverley and I work with Quicklink Ltd who recently partnered with Microsoft to release the Quicklink TX; The live broadcasting solution that uses the Skype TX technology; http://quicklink.tv/products/quicklinktx/ The Quicklink TX is designed to be an 'Out of the box solution'. Easy to integrate and easy to set up. I would be keen to provide further information is anyone needs it. look forward to hearing your responses. Regards Beverley

next780

Post by next780 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:39 am

I would love to listen to on Skype! great idea)
upser.com