Update....

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
tstone

Update....

Post by tstone » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:43 am

Winterwest was kind enough to let us know what was going on with him. I'm also a long time poster here. I think I've been here close to twenty years. My, how the time has flown. In that time, I've gone from a struggling part timer and college student to military broadcaster who did radio and television across the globe. Now I am (or will be a military part-timer), finishing up my bachelors, looking at my masters and am doing civilian radio part time again, but much better, more fullfilling part time jobs. The future looks bright indeed.

I'm in my hometown for the time being and in no hurry to go anywhere, but will begin feeling things out after I finish my masters.

How are you?

winterwest

Re: Update....

Post by winterwest » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:19 am

Hey Trey!

Thanks again for your service!

It's funny, I hardly ever come here anymore, but this morning I thought I'd check in...and here you are!
It sounds like life is pretty good for you right now. I know for all the years I've wandered around and looked for what I thought would be the perfect place to live, i discovered the "perfect place" is close enough to pester my kids and grandbabies!
(even though the area is not one I'd pick for myself!)

The key for me has been doing radio for fun. A weekend one or two hour show about whatever I want is enough to feed my radio jones and it sure does generate an enoumous amount of the kind of access and schwag that I just love spending on family!

Enjoy your life, Stone!

I don't know where you're at geographically, but if you're in the southwest or headed this way, shoot me off a quick note. If there's trouble to be found...

winterwestproductions@yahoo.com

tstone

Post by tstone » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:14 am

Thanks, man. I'm here in NE Texas, over in the piney woods, enjoying a notoriously hot, muggy summer. But radio is good and I'm about to enter my last year to get my Bachelors. Considering I started pursuing it in the mid 90s, it is a long time coming.

I would love to head that way at some point and if I do, I will shoot you a line, sir. :)

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:48 am

Thought you'd appreciate the fact that I just got off the phone with an old promotional partner, Roberto Guerra at "La Caja China".
(look it up. Yes, you Texas boys can still learn a little somethin' about cookin' large chunks of MEAT)

He's going to be joining us on the air again and giving us a roaster to give away at the Veterans Day "Wounded Warrior" event I'm building!

MMmmmmmmmm.....Roast Piggie!

Nothing says "Thank you for your service" like a fat plate of face meat and crispy skin from a freshly roasted whole pig!
(Except maybe a comprehensive Medical, Dental, Mental Health plan for all veterans who stepped up to serve....but that's another show)

oppoloveuuv

Post by oppoloveuuv » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:10 am

feel that I can really appreciate this.

tstone

Post by tstone » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:22 am

Yet another update as we close in on the end of 2015. One semester away from finally getting my Bachelors (been pursuing since 92). Not only am I working two radio gigs, just got hired as a reporter and editor at the local paper.

Yep, broadening my media cred even more. And here in my hometown, my name is everywhere.

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:45 am

STONE!

I just stopped by to take a look. Glad I did! Congratulations on your gig(s)!

Ya know, Trey, I gotta tell ya....I see more people here that are bummed they can't get something going. But it seems if you look a little closer and read their posts, they're bummed because no one picked them up full time with benefits and car service. Then, there are those like yourself who pick up a piece of a gig AND TURN IT IN TO SOMETHING!

Admittedly, I've got no mortgage or kids I have to feed, (although my PaPa/Grandbaby spoilage index is rather high) but it seems that if you want to be in radio that badly, you might actually have to fight your way there while working at a regular (gasp!) J-O-B!

I just decided to go back on the air, myself. I had talked to a small group in the market, headed by a once-upon-a-time-in-LA-kinda guy that decided that, even here, he was just too big to even answer an email or return a call when I approached him about partnering on a few promotions. I thought they could use the help since I NEVER see them on the street. (remember the street?)

So, I approached a local talker and offered a pre-weekend activity planning feature with films, concerts, a ski report, gear guides and more. Pretty simple. Sponsors and promotional partners have been loving it and are coming for a place at the table while there's still space. I just gave away some very cool AMERICAN MADE survival equipment on the air as part of our gear guide.

Now the station is talking to me about a Mon-Fri gig. We'll see. Grandbabies take a lot out of you!
(and I'll give all I have of me til there's no more!)

Anyway...Merry Christmas and if I come down that way and get pulled over, I'll just say

"Do you know who the F#@k I AM!? I'm a close personal friend of Trey Stone"
(then I'll see if I can make bail....)

tstone

Post by tstone » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:43 am

Hey Winter, it's all about making it happen. If you have it, there is a path. Great to hear you are still on yours, my friend. Happy 2016!

tstone

Post by tstone » Wed May 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Winterwest and everyone else, steady as she goes. One semester away from graduation and still I roll on. I hope you all do, too.

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:37 am

STONE! Shoot me an email!
winterwestproductions@yahoo.com