billboard

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
donaldbathe

billboard

Post by donaldbathe » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:58 am

does billboard keep track on what were the most played/requested songs across radio stations in the united states or would it be wikipedia? how could i do research to figure out what were the most played/requested songs in english and spanish across radio stations in america? would it be billboard.com or wikipedia or something of that nature? how could such information be found online assuming that it even could be found online in the first place? could such information be FOUND online? im trying to do some research and figure this one out but gather the information from online sources. can someone please help me. rsvp. thank you.

countryboy

Re: billboard

Post by countryboy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:34 am

If you want official Billboard research, you're going to have to buy it from Billboard. You're not going to find it on Wikipedia. Billboard has all that information, and you get it at Billboard.com.

donaldbathe

Post by donaldbathe » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:43 pm

but if the information on billboard.com is so accurate i found some singles that in my opinion were among the most played but didnt make it onto the list like the band blue octobers 2006 single into the ocean which i couldnt find on billboard.com for some reason! why would that be?????????? rsvp.

countryboy

Post by countryboy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:06 pm

That's the difference between opinion and the facts. Billboard does the chart. Their information is accurate based on the sources they had at the time. Perhaps that song wasn't as popular as you think it was. According to Wikipedia, the song peaked at #53 in the Billboard Hot 100. That's not a big hit. On the Modern Rock Tracks chart, it was #20. But typically, the archive focuses on the Top 100. If you want to drill down deeper into the more specific charts, you'll probably have to pay for the information.

donaldbathe

Post by donaldbathe » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:35 pm

but pay whom for this information if in my opinion, into the ocean by blue october was one of the most played songs on the radio back in 2006??????????????? i determine or index things according to what songs were most played annually across radio stations in the united states and not necessarily what billboard has to say about it! if we cross reference my information vs. billboard´s chances are the info will be somewhat different because of my interpretation of things........... what can i do or what should i do to cross reference information to figure out what were the most played songs for each year across radio stations in the united states for english and spanish then? use this or not, http://www.billboard.com/charts/radio-songs rsvp.

donaldbathe

Post by donaldbathe » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:50 pm

would it be possible in anyway to find such information like billboard or someone saying these were the most played songs in the united states for 1959 for example or 1991?????? if not, what would complicate things that it wouldnt be so straightforward and easy to figure out???????????? rsvp.

countryboy

Post by countryboy » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:35 pm

donaldbathe wrote: i determine or index things according to what songs were most played annually across radio stations in the united states and not necessarily what billboard has to say about it! .
With all due respect, I doubt your methodology is as complete as Billboard's. Since 1992, they use BDS-Nielsen, which electronically counts actual spins on major radio stations across the country. A few years later, Mediabase came along with a similar electronic method of counting spins. Mediabase was used by Radio & Records. Those are really the only two certified and authoritative systems for music charts in the US.

donaldbathe

Post by donaldbathe » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:16 pm

ok but what good does that do if even by comparing both their info and my cross referencing my methods we would be getting inconsistent and quite possibly inaccurate information then???????? what can be done in this case to figure out this information then???????? will it be possible to figure out such information at all???????? rsvp.

countryboy

Post by countryboy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:27 pm

donaldbathe wrote:ok but what good does that do if even by comparing both their info and my cross referencing my methods we would be getting inconsistent and quite possibly inaccurate information then
Their information has been certified by artists, labels, radio, and an independent board. Who has certified your information as correct?

donaldbathe

Post by donaldbathe » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:26 pm

when you said to pay for the information if i wanna dig deeper, but pay whom if you dont mind me asking???????????????? rsvp