song

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
donaldbathe

song

Post by donaldbathe » Sun May 14, 2017 2:29 pm

if a song that was played over and over again for some reason didnt make it in billboards hot 100 for whatever reason but could be found elsewhere like ranking 15 or on latin airplay, what would be the best way to index and find these songs then? weekly charts instead of yearly? rsvp. thank you.

tekonnu

Re: song

Post by tekonnu » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:00 am

Does anyone have an answer?

Criptor

Post by Criptor » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:32 pm

what do you mean here? are you looking to try and find a song, or are you looking to index this song for your station?

If it were me, I'd find the song however I could, CD, LP, iTunes, cassette, 8-track (if it's seriously the only format that song was on....) whatever. I'd then check if the song was a hit anywhere AND/OR if the song fit the format of the station, and a majority of the staff and listeners enjoyed it (I'd put it on the website with a link or something and play it on the air and poll listeners), I'd put it on the air.

in terms of how to find said song my first stop would be either wikipedia the band or google the lyrics. If you don't like wikipedia, allmusic.com is an excellent resource to find any song. If it's more obscure I'd have to know what it is you're looking for and or who sings it. there's other databases out there.

arlington80

Post by arlington80 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:25 pm

In previous years, Billboard's Hot 100 would only include singles in commercial release. Accordingly, some songs received play but did not chart, such as....Elton John's "Pinball Wizard"...Donna Summer's "Sunset People"....Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven"....also, singles that were giveaways or heavily discounted did not enter the chart. In later years, the Hot 100 chart was compiled differently and it now includes non-singles. Criptor's advice above should work for you.