Tightening the Simian Automation

Moderator: stricko

klickstone

Tightening the Simian Automation

Post by klickstone » Fri May 19, 2017 7:11 pm

Radio Community, I need your help.

I’ve got my first job as program director at a station that uses Simian 2.3.0 Automation and I am having major problems, as we try to tighten up the ship.

I will be brief.

My CE tells me if my Sweeper that follows Music A is only 3-seconds in length, and the fade on Music is 8 seconds, then we are destined for dead air.

Seemingly, Simian holds up until 5 seconds has run off, before it will recognize (respect) the “next” trigger. By the time the trigger is active, we now have dead air (or we sound like some of the MOR stations of yesterday, where music completely fades out.

Unless someone has a suggestion, I am willing to accept my fate with Simian and my CE.

Here is a possible plan, that I need input on.

It is possible that I could attach Sweepers on the intro of the entire music library. I would avoid using out-of-set staging, and simply go from [the last] commercial to the produced Sweeper attached to Music.
Does this sound like a workable solution to “tighten the flow” for the radio station.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

FYI … I have posted on all the Simian Discussion sites, and the response has been quite limited.