Are radio host just that stupid?

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
corneo

Are radio host just that stupid?

Post by corneo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:54 am

At my station we have 2 new shows hosted by local talent. I told them to get more listeners you need to promote your show. Make commercials that the station can play of your show telling the time your on or a upcoming highlight of the show.

Maybe a meet and greet somewhere that works with the theme of your show, get facebook followers, tweet, make a website for the show. Do something other than think it's the stations job to push your show. Because if I make the promo or add a page to the station site, it's going to be very short and ho-hum.

I have a 3rd local show that has been on for 8 years and they promote themselves, the show has very good ratings for being a local production. They do everything you need to do to make a show work. I told the first two shows to talk to the third for ideas. The third show host and producer are very nice and have offered to help them.

I don't know if they are scared of him, hate him, stuck up or are just that stupid to not get advice or ideas from a successful show.

Have you seen things like this between shows and or host?

zinger7

Re: Are radio host just that stupid?

Post by zinger7 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:32 am

EGO...........Edging Good (Jocks) Out

zebster

Re: Are radio host just that stupid?

Post by zebster » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:44 am

Yes.