Experienced On-Air Talent looking to move closer to the Twin Cities

If you need a job this is where you post it, for FREE! Please do not post Job Openings here!
Forum rules
You can only post your Situations Wanted once in any 24 hour period. Additional posts will be deleted. Post will remain visible for 14 days.
No voiceover, voicetracking, or other business plugs, please!
davidmoody277

Experienced On-Air Talent looking to move closer to the Twin Cities

Post by davidmoody277 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Hello, my name is David Moody. I graduated from Brown College in 2011 with an Associate in Applied Sciences degree with a major in Radio Broadcasting. Since then I have immersed myself in the Radio Industry where I have honed my skills and become a successful On-Air Personality.

Right after College in 2011 I began working for the KKRADIONETWORK out of Park Rapids, MN, for Radio Hall of Famer Ed DeLaHunt. I started at the bottom and worked my way up to full time Morning Announcer and News Director for the company’s flagship stations, 97.5FM KDKK (adult standards), as well as KPRM AM 870 (classic country). My responsibilities included an hour of live News, Sports, and Weather coverage. Also during my shift I handled a live listener call in Swap and Shop program, did a live Community Calendar, and was fortunate enough to be Ed’s co-host for his famous “Coffeetime” talk show. Of course I also did some music DJ’ing. I did play by play for Football and Basketball, wrote and produced commercials, did live call in interviews, did live remotes and worked some fairs. I also would assist in some programming for KXKK 92.5FM, KPRM AM 870 and KDKK 97.5 FM.

In 2016 I made the move to Grand Rapids, MN, to work for Jim Lamke at Lamke Broadcasting. I am the Afternoon DJ on 96.9FM KMFY which has an AC format. I do a voice tracked show M-F from 1-7pm. I cover local City Council and School board meetings. I do live remotes, be it car dealerships, new store openings, community events etc. I handle live call in’s with clients. Help maintain our social media platforms. I write and produce commercials. I continue to do Play by Play for Football and Basketball and have done some Softball and Baseball as well. I assist the Program Director with Overnight and Weekend programming for 96.9 KMFY and 105.5 KBAJ. At 5:12pm M-F I am a co-host of a popular talk show called “The Afternoon Cleanup” We receive a lot of positive listener feedback from our show, people comment how they look forward to the show every day after work, which I can understand, we are pretty hilarious.

The bottom line is that I have been hard at work in Radio for the past 7 years. Right after College I made the choice to begin my career in Small Market Radio in Northern MN. I did this because I really wanted to immerse myself into Radio. I wanted to wear lots of different hats, handle multiple responsibilities and really get to know the business. I feel I have succeeded at this goal. I believe my personality would work on a wide variety of formats. I am very knowledgeable in Classic Rock, AC, Hot AC, Adult Standards, Top 40, Classic Country, New Country, Alternative, Rock, Pop, Hip Hop/Urban, Talk, News, Sports, you name it I believe I can do it and do it well.

I have extensive experience working with adobe audtion, audacity, skylla, smarts, as well as Microsoft products. I understand that a lot of stations use different programs, but I've learned a lot of them are similar and do the same things. I'm a quick learner and very confident that I could pick up whatever programs you use to broadcast fast.

I’m from Princeton MN, and lived in the Twin Cities while I went to Brown. I am posting this because I am looking for a Full-Time On-Air position where my heart lies, which is near the Twin Cities. Anything that is within an hour and half of the Twin Cities I would be extremely interested in. I’ve always dreamed of coming back that way and doing what I do best, which is have fun on the radio and more importantly make sure the listeners have a good time listening. I have been a successful On-Air Personality everywhere I have been and I want to bring that to you.

Thank you for reading this, I really appreciate it. If you’d like any more information about me, or would like to receive my resume and an air check, please don’t hesitate to email me at davidmoody277@gmail.com. I’d be more than happy to answer any question you may have, I’m an open book!