Promotional Product Recommendations

Got a great idea? Need a great idea? Share it! Please, no freelance, VO/Imaging or other business plugs!
dpw134

Promotional Product Recommendations

Post by dpw134 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:46 am

What's the best place to get?

Staff Shirts

Promotional Products (giveaways, etc)

Anyone have promo logo printed giveaways that are actually worth the money you spend on them? Anything that people don't throw away right away? Need to show value for the money... What are you using that works?

winterwest

Re: Promotional Product Recommendations

Post by winterwest » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:01 pm

A couple of questions...

Where are you?
What's your format?

WHY IS THE STATION PAYING FOR PROMOTIONAL ITEMS?

which leads me to...

Why doesn't your station have a Promotions Director?
Not somebody that the sales manager has run to the car dealership remotes on the weekends and set up the balloons and cook hotdogs, but a real Promotions Director that knows every promotion should...

a) generate revenue
b) build cume
c) support your image in the community

Oh yeah, the Promotions Director also gets others to pay for the stations promotional goods.

palmer

Post by palmer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:13 am

Promotional products will reach people much faster. The way you market your products matters a lot.

archie45

Making Suggestions and Recommendations - Free English Lesson

Post by archie45 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:01 am

Making suggestions and recommendations : Take a test at http://www.learnex.in

In this lesson, Rachna teaches you to make suggestions and recommendations in four different ways.
You can make a suggestion/recommendation by starting your sentence with 'what about....', 'how about....', 'why don't/doesn't...' and 'let's..'
There are certain key points to be kept in mind while using each of them.
What should we watch on television tonight?
When you make a suggestion to the above question, you can do it in the following ways :
1. What about watching the match?
2. How about watching the match?
The above two suggestions 'how about' and 'what about' are followed by a gerund ( the verb in its 'ing' form) or can be followed directly by a noun.
Visit this link .......................
https://up-tube.com/upvideo/OwtWiup6Uap

face4radio

Post by face4radio » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:26 pm

Have somebody local, someone with whom you can deal face-to-face. If s/he will trade for staff shirts and other station shirts, that's all the better. Don't be afraid to use multiple places, e.g. banners and vehicle wrap from one, staff gear from another, etc.

I have yet to see the thing that beats station T-shirts as a giveaway. However, they can't just be plain, white, thin, with a one-color logo. Multiple sizes and colors drive the cost up though. So does having a pocket logo on the front and the big one on the back. Let's say your station logo colors are red, white, and royal [i.e. a typical Country station]. If the strongest color in your logo is red, get the shirts in royal and only get the white and red printed on, using negative space for where the royal will show. A decent shirt guy or gal can help you with this.

In the end, and whatever item you choose, do everything you can to get a sponsor to pay for it. I worked for a medium-sized group in the upper Midwest that did not, under any circumstance, give stations a promotional budget, nor did it have Promotions Directors. If I [as the PD] wanted to do it, I had to find a sponsor. I know that sounds daunting but, honestly, the best station T-shirts I ever had were bought by a sponsor based on my design and approval.

Cheers and good luck.