Headphone question

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
Criptor

Headphone question

Post by Criptor » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:15 pm

I was wondering, these days headphones are getting wireless in the consumer market, and also for the music pros. Is there anyone looking into making a control board for radio stations that allows for wireless headphones?

kayburton89

Re: Headphone question

Post by kayburton89 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:42 am

I have not heard of this one yet. But I don't think wireless headphones are what you need for radio broadcasts. They have a charge of 4 hours, it either constantly needs to change the headphones, or I don't know what to think of.

ronosbourne

Post by ronosbourne » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:12 am

"Wireless" can be Bluetooh or 'RFWireless'. You will find both types at most stores or online. I would stick with Sony. Then, just plug your RF or Bluetooth base in when you normally plug headphones into the board. Usually, as mentioned by kayburton89, bluetooth may be shorter charge, check the specifications for both variants based on how long you need to keep a charge. Personally, I'd use RF Wireless for radio as you should be able to change batteries or use really good lithium non-rechargable or lithium ion rechargeable. If this is an AM/FM station with other equipment nearby, check with the station Engineer to be sure RF Wireless headphones can be used in that studio.

Criptor

Post by Criptor » Thu May 06, 2021 12:32 am

See I only ask, since I've been watching the consumer market. (I have an iPhone) and I have been checking for headphones with a flat equalizer, and are decently made. Anyway, Sennheiser HD 4.5 has a 24 hour battery life without noise cancellation, and 19 with it. It also comes with a cord in case you need them for longer. Like a radio-thon or something. Sony's noise cancelling headphone lasts 30 hours. It's totally wireless.

Figure it is only a matter of time actually. we have wireless microphones, wireless electric guitars. my guess is at some point, we'll have wireless headphones in studios.