Looking for inspiration on easy classic rock songs to play with my son.

Moderator: moe

gabrilesi95

Looking for inspiration on easy classic rock songs to play with my son.

Post by gabrilesi95 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:55 am

My son is learning to drum and I am a beginner guitar player. What songs can you suggest me to play together? I can play open chords, barre chords and some power chords. Looking for suggestions on songs. I like Deep Purple, Neil Young, Tom Petty, mostly classic rock from the 70's.

jamesawis

Re: Looking for inspiration on easy classic rock songs to play with my son.

Post by jamesawis » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:05 am

It's easy to google riffs on old songs from the '70s. They were all the same back then.

dawiid

Re: Looking for inspiration on easy classic rock songs to play with my son.

Post by dawiid » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:29 am

You said you know power chords. If you learn a bit of rhythm guitar, you'll have access to many well-known classic songs of the heavy metal or hard rock genres. AC/DC songs are the easiest songs for beginner drummers to play. I'm confident your son will find it very easy to pick up the rhythm of their songs. To make it easier for your son to do this, you should first hold the guitar's rhythm yourself. Do you play regular beats with your hand, or do you have a pick? I learned rhythm guitar with only an old Fender Stratocaster and the picks from ironageaccessories.com my friends gave me for my 30th birthday. You can learn a few songs by AC/DC, Guns&Roses, Deep Purple, and Scorpions since their chords are more than monotonous and uncomplicated. Best of luck to you and your rocker son! \m/