-
Garth Brooks' Five Dublin Shows Cancelled
July 8, 2014 at 9:40 AM (PT)
What do you think? Add your comment below. -
It appears that all five GARTH BROOKS shows in DUBLIN, IRELAND -- scheduled for JULY 25th-29th -- have been cancelled, according to AIKEN PROMOTIONS, the company in charge of promoting and organizing the concert.
"It is with great regret that AIKEN PROMOTIONS today announce that the five concert GARTH BROOKS comeback special event at CROKE PARK has been cancelled," said the company's website. "No concerts will take place. The ticket return process will be outlined tomorrow. AIKEN PROMOTIONS have exhausted all avenues regarding the staging of this event. We are very disappointed for the 400,000 fans who purchased tickets for the GARTH BROOKS comeback special event."
Last week, the DUBLIN City Council refused licenses for two of the five shows at CROKE PARK. However, BROOKS has said he’ll play five shows or none at all, so as not to disappoint ticket holders for the two refused dates.
The dispute centers around residents who live near the venue. According to the “IRISH TIMES,” an agreement forged in 2009 states that no more than three concerts may be held there each year.
Today’s “IRISH TIMES” reports that at attempt was made to ensure the permitted dates of JULY 25th-27th, with two remaining shows taking place a few days later, in order to give residents a break between shows. But the required advance period for event applications is 10 weeks, which DUBLIN City Council chief executive OWEN KEEGAN tells the “TIMES,” cannot be adjusted, saying, “We have to keep to the timescale.”
DUBLIN MAYOR CHRISTY BURKE had reportedly reached agreement with another DUBLIN venue, AVIVA STADIUM to stage the two additional concerts, but event promoter PETER AIKEN and CROKE PARK management were said to have ruled out that option.

