-
L.A. Kings Moving To KABC
July 21, 2014 at 11:27 AM (PT)
What do you think? Add your comment below. -
The STANLEY CUP champion LOS ANGELES KINGS will move from CLEAR CHANNEL News-Talk KEIB-A (THE PATRIOT AM 1150)/LOS ANGELES to crosstown CUMULUS News-Talk KABC-A for the 2014-15 season. The LOS ANGELES TIMES first reported the move, which was confirmed by CUMULUS later MONDAY.
The deal is for five years and that NICK NICKSON and DARYL EVANS will return to call the games; the KINGS had previously paid for the time on KEIB and predecessor KTLK in a year-to-year arrangement.
KINGS Pres./Business Operations LUC ROBITAILLE said in a statement, "We are thrilled to partner with CUMULUS and TALKRADIO 790 KABC as we announce this agreement. They are a strong and visible media and broadcasting brand in our community, and they have a great overall reputation as a business and in the radio industry in particular. Our combined efforts will undoubtedly broaden the reach of the KINGS with our current fans and in the broader community."
CUMULUS Executive Vice President & Co-Chief Operating Officer JOHN DICKEY said, “We’re excited to add the Stanley Cup-winning L.A. KINGS to our national roster of sports broadcasting partnerships. Airing games on TALKRADIO 790 KABC will anchor an exciting live and local entertainment platform serving millions of KINGS supporters through radio, digital and events.”
KABC has been one of the stations rumored in recent months to be mulling a flip to Sports using CBS SPORTS RADIO.

