-
WFAN/New York's Joe Benigno Now Off The Air 'On Leave'
July 23, 2018 at 3:28 AM (PT)
What do you think? Add your comment below. -
Last week (NET NEWS 7/19), ALL ACCESS reported ENTERCOM Sports WFAN-A-F/NEW YORK midday host JOE BENIGNO had been accused of sexual harassment by a former Account Executive. FRIDAY (NET NEWS 7/20), THE NEW YORK POST updates, writing "WFAN’s JOE BENIGNO will be back on the air MONDAY, the radio station’s owner announced THURSDAY. 'He’ll be back on the air next week as per usual,' ENTERCOM Spokesperson ESTHER-MIREYA TEJEDA told the paper."
Now comes word that BENIGNO will not be in the air chair TODAY (7/23) after all.
NJ.COM reports, "The longtime WFAN midday show co-host has taken a leave following allegations of sexual harassment made in a shocking lawsuit filed last week by a former CBS RADIO advertising executive. BENIGNO was on vacation this past week and was expected to return to work as scheduled next week, but an internal memo obtained by NEWSDAY said BENIGNO, 'initially will be on leave while we work through this matter carefully, to avoid any potential distraction from the great sports talk content our listeners, advertisers and community expect us to deliver each day'."

