-
Police Get Warrant To Probe WWL/New Orleans' Seth Dunlap's Cell Phone Account In Tweet Controversy
October 4, 2019 at 6:06 AM (PT)
What do you think? Add your comment below. -
The latest development in the case of the homophobic tweet directed against ENTERCOM News-Talk WWL-A-F/NEW ORLEANS evening sports host SETH DUNLAP involves the police investigation into allegations by the station that DUNLAP sent the offending SEPTEMBER 10th tweet himself in a possible extortion attempt, with the NEW ORLEANS POLICE DEPARTMENT obtaining a search warrant seeking information from DUNLAP's cell phone carrier T-MOBILE.
Crosstown TEGNA CBS affiliate WWL-TV reports that the police are seeking corroboration of the radio station's claims after an internal forensic investigation pointed the finger at DUNLAP, who the station claimed told management he would go "scorched earth" over the tweet and made a demand for over $1.8 million.
DUNLAP's attorney MEGAN KIEFER did not comment on the warrant, although she has previously released polygraph results she said showed that DUNLAP was telling the truth and that the police probe would clear DUNLAP, who has been on a leave of absence since the day after the tweet.

