-
KXCL's Keith Brooks Threatens To Take Contract Dispute To Airwaves
January 16, 2006 at 10:53 AM (PT)
What do you think? Add your comment below. -
FIRST BROADCASTING '80s KXCL (FLASH 92.1)/SACRAMENTO afternooner KEITH BROOKS wants out of his contract and has threatened to take his battle to the airwaves on TUESDAY, JANUARY 17th, according to the THE SACRAMENTO BEE. BROOKS thought he was losing his job last summer when FIRST BROADCASTING sold THE FLASH to BUSTOS MEDIA. However, instead of dumping THE FLASH format, FIRST BROADCASTING moved the format from 103.9 to 92.1. BROOKS had already begun looking for a new job and gave his two weeks notice so he could return to crosstown CBS Hot AC KZZO (100.5 THE ZONE) for afternoons. But BROOKS was unable to accept his new position because FIRST BROADCASTING claimed he was still under contract with THE FLASH.
BROOKS told THE SACRAMENTO BEE, "All that contract said was that I was under contract to 103.9 (FM) - not to FIRST BROADCASTING or to 92.1. When I gave two weeks' notice, FIRST said I couldn't leave."
FIRST BROADCASTING President & Vice Chairman GARY LAWRENCE said, "KEITH has a binding, written agreement with us. He's a great asset to the station and we expect KEITH to abide by the contract he signed in AUGUST of 2005."
Tomorrow (1/17), BROOKS is planning to taking his dispute to the airwaves if he is not let out of his contract.

