-
New Jackson Music? Beatles Pub Stays With Sony/ATV
June 29, 2009 at 4:57 AM (PT)
What do you think? Add your comment below. -
A secret library of over a hundred songs recorded by MICHAEL JACKSON could be released following his death, reports LONDON's TIMES. "One of the singer's biographers, IAN HALPERIN, claimed that the unheard songs had been made for his children. HALPERIN, author of 'Unmasked, The MICHAEL JACKSON Story,' said before his death, 'He wants to leave them for his kids, a very personal legacy to them. I was told he will not let them come out now.'
"JACKSON leaves three children, PRINCE, 12, PARIS KATHERINE, 11, AND PRINCE MICHAEL II aged 7.
'It is rumoured, given the financial situation of his estate, that any such recordings will not be kept private for long. It is understood that JACKSON may have gone to the grave under debts of about $400 million -- though some believe the true figure may be much higher."
Beatles Publishing To Stay With Sony ATV
SONY/ATV MUSIC PUBLISHING, co-owned by MICHAEL JACKSON and SONY, will keep control of BEATLES songs following the pop singer's death, said a person with knowledge of the venture's plans. THE WASHINGTON POST reports that "JACKSON, who died THURSDAY at age 50 in LOS ANGELES (NET NEWS 6/18), owned 50% of SONY/ATV, which holds rights to more than 200 songs written by JOHN LENNON and PAUL MCCARTNEY, as well as songs by BOB DYLAN, NEIL DIAMOND and others. His stake is worth about $1 billion, said IVAN THORNTON, a private-wealth adviser who has worked with Jackson."SONY/ATV will continue to hold the LENNON and MCCARTNEY catalogue, said the person, who asked not to be named because the matter isn't public. BRITAIN's DAILY MIRROR reported in JANUARY that JACKSON planned to leave THE BEATLES rights to MCCARTNEY in his will to heal a rift between the musicians. JACKSON paid $47.5 million in 1985 for the catalogue, outbidding MCCARTNEY and LENNON's widow, YOKO ONO.
Jackson 'Bit' Cut From Bruno Movie At Last Minute
THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER reports "The sudden death of MICHAEL JACKSON on THURSDAY prompted a series of discussions at UNIVERSAL PICTURES that resulted in the studio cutting a JACKSON-related sketch from "Bruno" only hours before its LOS ANGELES premiere."UNIVERSAL removed a scene in which Bruno, the flamboyant Austrian journalist played by SACHA BARON COHEN, interviews an unsuspecting LATOYA JACKSON about a number of topics, including her brother. "

