10 Questions with ... Madison
October 11, 2011
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
Started out doing overnights at WZTA in Miami in the '90s and moved on to Chicago where I worked at Q101 and Rock 103.5. I've been at SiriusXM since 2002.
1. How did you become interested in radio?
I figured I could make enough money to get plastic surgery and then I could be a famous actress
2. How would you describe your show on Alt-Nation?
Awesome and dirty and offensive and hilarious and mean and musical
3. What makes your show unique?
My show won an Emmy and I'm up for an Oscar.
4. What part of your job do you like best? Least?
The best is the freedom to speak my mind, share my innermost miseries and say cuss words. Also, working steps away from Howard Stern.
5. What is your biggest challenge each day?
The biggest challenge is being a crazy rock jock and being a new mom. TIRED... all the time.
6. What is your show prep routine?
I read every music magazine there is. Even the communist one. And I peruse all the websites; NME, Pitchfork etc... People magazine, Entertainment Weekly, Sesame Street.
7. How are you using social media?
I use Facebook and twitter to say witty things and make my fans feel special by allowing them to talk to me. If they were in the same room as me I wouldn't allow them to look me in the eye.
8. Fill in the blank: I can't make it through the day without _________?
9. What are you most passionate about?
I'm passionate about sleep. Finding jeans to fit my skinny ass legs. Indie rock. Solving crime.
10. What would surprise people most about you?
My real name
What are your hobbies?
Sleeping, shopping, tanning, reading, changing doody diapers.
Last non-industry job?
Waitress in NYC
First record ever purchased?
Joe Jackson "Steppin Out" on 45. I stole quarters from my dad's peanut can and got a whipping.
Julian Lennon at SPAC when I was 11. Got a guitar pick, apparently his dad was famous.
Favorite band of all-time?
Tie: U2 and The Smiths.