Bits and Pieces - January 26, 2012
January 26, 2012
Joan Rivers says she's had over 700 cosmetic surgery procedures done. In fact, they say she's on pace to break the all-time record set by Cher.
There's lots of speculation as to just why DEMI MOORE has, in the words of her rep, chosen to seek professional assistance. The official line from her people is she's being treated for exhaustion and to improve her overall health. No one is buying that and it could be one or all of the following...Sources tell TMZ Demi was doing whip-its, which is a street name for a type of nitrous oxide inhalant. A friend who was with Demi said she was doing a whip-it and lapsed into semi-consciousness. However, a source tells Radar Online that she had an epileptic seizure and is undergoing treatment for anorexia and Demi has been looking scary-skinny lately. Reports are also surfacing that Demi has been partying heartily lately and was seen dancing on a table at Hollywood hot spot Beacher's Madhouse a couple of weeks ago and a source tells Us Weekly, "She was trashed." Still other reports say Monday night's meltdown was caused by prescription drugs.
There could be another departure from THE OFFICE. NBC is developing a spinoff with RAINN WILSON that would involve his character Dwight Schrute and his beet farm. They're hoping to have it on the air early next year.
- Some new music is on the way from ABBA! They're going to reissue their final album, The Visitors, with previously unreleased tracks and a DVD featuring rare and unreleased footage, including their last-ever live performance on the BBC's Late Late Breakfast Show in December of 1982. Look for it April 23rd.
- 50 CENT claims he won $500,000 by betting on the New York Giants to beat the San Francisco 49ers. Fiddy proved it by Tweeting a photo of himself surrounded by money. Of course, 50 has the resources to get his hands on that kind of loot without winning a bet.
- CARRIE UNDERWOOD will release a new song called "Good Girl" on February 23rd. The song will be on her next album, although Carrie didn't announce a title or a release date for that.
- Today: Actor Henry Winkler; dieting; style; actor Luke Perry
- Good Morning America: Actor Nick Jonas; football player Dwight Freeney
- Kelly: Nick Jonas; chef Rachael Ray; co-host Cat Deeley
- The View: Reality-TV star Kyle Richards; composer Andrew Lloyd Webber; chefs Michael Mignano and Melba Wilson
- The Talk: Actress Anne Heche; guest co-host Tori Spelling
- Ellen DeGeneres: Ellen's Birthday Show; actress Melissa McCarthy; Earth, Wind & Fire
The Indianapolis Colts have hired Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Chuck Pagano as their new head coach.
An unnamed 23-year-old Port St. Lucie, Florida teacher has been arrested after allegedly sexually assaulting a 13-year-old boy. The too-young couple might've gotten away with it had they not chosen to have their tryst in the boy's bedroom. Alerted by the moaning sounds coming from her kid's room, mom walked in and caught the pair in the act. When she entered the room, the teacher told mom she was "getting it done right." Mom called police and the teacher and victim's name should soon become public knowledge when he starts bragging at school.
2009: "Octomom" Nadya Suleman gave birth to octuplets
actress Sara Rue (The Ring, Less Than Perfect, Can't Hardly Wait) 33