Bits and Pieces - January 30, 2012
January 30, 2012
At last night's Screen Actors Guild Awards, Alec Baldwin won for best actor in a comedy series. I thought he had a lovely acceptance tirade.
A tape of the DEMI MOORE 911 call was released on Friday. The caller said Demi smoked something similar to incense and seems to be having convulsions and that she was barely semi-conscious. The caller also said they put water on her back because she's burning up. When the dispatcher asks if Demi had done this before, the caller replied that there's been stuff recently that they were just finding out about. However, the tape bleeped out references to specific drugs and other substances Demi had taken due to privacy issues. (Hear here)
FEAR FACTOR will be a rerun tonight because NBC has decided to pull the scheduled episode because it involved contestants drinking donkey semen and donkey urine. NBC originally gave producers the okay, but had second thoughts at the last minute.
- A thirty-seven minute NEIL YOUNG AND CRAZY HORSE jam session has been posted on Young's website. The video only shows tape rolling back in a studio, but fans say the music is newly recorded. Lyrics to a handful of previously unknown songs can also be seen scattered around the studio. The titles appear to read "Oh Susanna," "Love + Wall," "Ontario," "This Land Is Your Land," "Gallows Tree," "Oh My Darling" and "Clementine."
- One of FLAVOR FLAV'S daughters was arrested over the weekend following a domestic violence incident at his Las Vegas home. Flav's 19-year-old daughter Dazayna got into it with one his stepsons and Flav got punched when he tried to break it up.
- MIRANDA LAMBERT has rescheduled her Friday concert in Tallahassee so she can attend the funeral of childhood friend Mark "Tex" Adams, who was killed in a traffic accident in Florida last week. He was sideswiped by a vehicle after he had pulled over to help another driver.
- Today: Actress Jennifer Lopez
- Good Morning America: Daniel Radcliffe ("The Woman in Black"); singer Elton John; Brad Goreski recaps the Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Kelly: Channing Tatum; co-host Dan Abrams
- The View: Journalist Stone Phillips; author Regis Philbin ("How I Got This Way"); Gavin DeGraw performs
- The Talk: Neil Patrick Harris ("How I Met Your Mother"); actress Nancy Travis; nutritionist Heather Bauer; guest co-host Pat Harvey
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actor John Krasinski; 2Cellos perform
The Pittsburgh Penguins now say that Sidney Crosby had a neck injury in addition to the concussion that has sidelined him for most of the past year. The Penguins also said Crosby's neck injury is "fully healed," but they didn't say when he might return to the lineup.
The parents of Ball State University student Jacob Douglas Marek may be rethinking the money they're investing in his education. Marek was recently arrested after he threw rocks through the windows of several campus buildings, climbed a tree and entered a building through one of the broken windows. Marek did all of this in order to steal a single book. Marek then jumped from a second-story terrace to the ground and escaped...temporarily. Unfortunately, Mr. and Mrs. Marek's super-genius son left his backpack behind allowing police to I.D. him.
2007: Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system went on sale
singer Adam Lambert 30