10 Questions with ... An Epic, No Less
April 30, 2012
BRIEF CAREER SYNOPSIS:
- Todd Larson (vocals/piano)
- Daniel Chancellor (drums)
- Hannah Chancellor (piano/vocals)
- Britney Stutz (violin)
- Neil Endicott (guitar/vocal)
- BEC Recordings
- Echo of Love
1) Introduce the members of the band, using musical background and/or personality traits.
Todd: Marched first chair clarinet in high school
Daniel: Owner of So iLL climbing holds company
Hannah: Also a psychologist with a near PhD in her field
Neil: Veteran Tooth & Nail artist, performing in Side Walk Slam and Run Kid Run
Britney: Virtuoso musician and studies violin performance at Mizzou
2) Can you tell us real briefly how the band came together?
After many other attempts in local southern Illinois music, Dan and Todd both felt a calling to play music that would glorify something bigger than their own egos and ambitions. An Epic, No Less was born in Todd's living room with Todd playing "How Great Is Our God" on piano while Dan kept beat.
3) And how did you connect with BEC?
Neil who also plays in the band Run Kid Run was able to introduce our music to the BEC family.
4) Your BEC debut is set to release this fall. How are things shaping up, sonically and lyrically? What can we expect to hear?
I think if David Crowder and Postal Service parented a musical child, An Epic, No Less would be it. We are a modern praise band with heavy rhythmic electronica. Lyrically we love to be poetic and at the same time very accessible; meaning, we want a very "sing a long" quality to our choruses.
5) Where might we find you guys playing this summer? Hitting the festival circuit?
Several festivals are on the books like Agape, Creation East, Life Light, but honestly we are saving up a lot of energy to hit things very hard this fall in support of our freshmen release.
6) What is your favorite place to play?
Hands down, The Marion Cultural and Civic Center in Marion, IL. No place like home.
7) If you could have any job outside music, what would that be?
Many of us have a heart for foreign missions. Daniel lives his other dream job working for So ILL holds. Britney would love to teach others to play violin as well.
8) Fill in the blank: I can't start the day without:
A walk. I usually get to spend time just with the Lord and me then. Very thankful for that.
9) What song do you wish you had written?
"Light Up the Sky" by The Afters. I think An Epic, No Less could do a really fun version of that song. Killer, killer chorus.
10) Do you have much time to check out other artists' music? What are you listening to right now?
Loving the new album by FUN. Eisley's latest is amazing. Also, Patterns by Run Kid Run hasn't left my CD player in a while!