August 30, 2016Mass Misunderstanding
In the last 24 hours what percentage of your total week's listeners (cumulative sampling) revisited your show or station?
There is a big difference between "winging it" and playing higher, working to the calculus of actual audience behavior.
What all too many radio personalities THINK
- Listeners pay close attention to media/radio
- Most all listeners know who you are and where you are on the dial
- Most listeners take the time to think about stations, formats, and personalities
- Listeners will work hard to try to remember their listening if asked to keep a diary
- All listeners are fiercely loyal so "doing the maintenance" isn't that crucial
- A radio "brand" is mainly just a name and dial address
What too few radio personalities and programmers KNOW
August 23, 2016The Donald Trump Morning Show
August 16, 2016Three Events Guaranteed To Get You On TV
August 9, 2016Nintendo And Pokémon Go: Mobile Lessons For Radio
August 2, 2016Who Sets The (Low) Bar In Your Sales Department?
July 26, 2016Five Easy Pieces
July 19, 2016Show Prep Technique: Imagine "What If"
July 12, 2016Such A Seductive Thought
July 5, 2016Unintentional Mentors
June 28, 2016Independent's Day