Arbitron Boasts About Radio's Reach
January 26, 2012 at 4:00 AM (PT)
ARBITRON has released a new report named "Radio Delivers: Winter 2012." In it, the ratings company touts both sales and listenership data that's sure to have GMs, GSMs and PDs smiling.
The highlights include:
* 241 million American Adults listen to radio each week
* Each week across America, radio is heard by 94% of Adults 18-34, 95% of Adults 18-49, 95% of Adults 25-54 and 95% of Adults 35-64
* Each week radio reaches 95% of all Hispanics and 93% of all African-Americans
* Americans listen to radio for more than 14.6 billion hours each month
* You can reach 90% of Americans on the radio between 6a and 7p during the work week
* 70% of Americans tune in to radio each day for nearly 2 hours and 45 minutes
* Every week, radio reaches 91% of people who vote
* New research shows radio delivers more than 93% of its lead-in audience during commercial breaks
"Radio continues to be vital to millions," concludes ARBITRON, "which is why its audience during programming and commercial breaks has remained consistently high month after month, quarter after quarter and year after year."
Find the survey at www.arbitron.com/radiotoday.