Keith Larson Tells Listeners He's Leaving WBT/Charlotte
April 25, 2012 at 11:20 AM (PT)
GREATER MEDIA Talk WBT-A-F/CHARLOTTE midday host KEITH LARSON told listeners on TODAY's show (4/25) that his contract has not been renewed and that he will be leaving the station.
LARSON said that he was told MONDAY that he would not be offered a new contract and added that his contract ends in four weeks.
"I don't know if I'm going to be here beyond today or not," LARSON said, noting that management did not know he would discuss the situation on the air but adding that he intends to go ahead with his "Ride 10" motorcycle ride event for charity on SATURDAY (4/28) regardless of whether the station removes him from the air or not.
GM RICK FEINBLATT told the CHARLOTTE OBSERVER's MARK WASHBURN that LARSON had been told that the station does not want to renew the contract but had offered him the opportunity to remain on board as an at-will employee, but LARSON said that nothing had been presented to him in writing and added at the end of his show, "I may be able to do that, I may not. For various reasons."