Clear Channel Releases 'Major Update' To iHeartRadio For iPad App
May 3, 2012 at 6:40 AM (PT)
CCM+E has released an update to its iHEARTRADIO for iPAD App. The updated app is described as "a completely refreshed design with new functionality that brings users a customizable digital listening experience that combines the best of both worlds -- live broadcast and Custom Stations -- to deliver everything listeners want in one, fully-integrated service."
The iHEARTRADIO for iPAD App now includes:
* Custom Stations, allowing users to create their own personalized stations by simply entering an artist or song and iHEARTRADIO will then create a station of similar music. iHeartRadio’s Custom Stations offer a number of industry-leading features, including:
- More Songs. Users can draw from a massive catalog of nearly 14 million songs and 400,000 artists.
- Greater User Control. With its "discovery tuner," users can tune their Custom Station to play familiar songs -- or adjust the tuner to "discovery mode" to play a wider variety of artists and songs from iHEARTRADIO's music catalog. A "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down" feature allows users to indicate song preferences to further personalize their stations.
- Better Music Intelligence. iHEARTRADIO's music intelligence capability combines a sophisticated technology solution with ongoing consumer music research and CLEAR CHANNEL's radio programmers to give users the best custom radio experience available.
- Commercial-free. Custom Stations continue to be commercial-free since launch last SEPTEMBER.
* Support for the Retina display on the new iPAD, enabling users to experience the New iHEARTRADIO with visual clarity; and
* Deeper FACEBOOK integration, which lets users share listening activity with friends via their timelines and tap into each others' musical tastes by listening to songs and stations that they like. This deeper FACEBOOK integration is designed to serve as a means to greater music discovery, making users' digital radio experiences more personal and relevant.
"With this update to the iHEARTRADIO for iPAD App, we've focused intently on user feedback. We wanted to make sure it was the experience our millions of users wanted and expected from us -- and we're thrilled with how it has all come together," said Pres./Digital BRIAN LAKAMP. "This update reflects our commitment to ongoing innovation and ensuring we offer the ultimate digital radio experience for our listeners. These enhancements -- from artist and song-inspired personalized stations to the Retina display support -- are great examples of how CLEAR CHANNEL works intensively with the unique interface and technology of a device to custom-tailor the best digital radio experience for users."
"This is another great example of how we continue to capitalize on our company's incredible digital assets, and integrate those efforts with our strong local and national consumer brands, to deliver powerful solutions with unparalleled consumer reach and strong listener loyalty," said CCM+E Chairman/CEO JOHN HOGAN. "Digital continues to be a big opportunity for us and as the industry-leading broadcast and digital company, we are dedicated to providing our millions of listeners the best services on mobile and desktop."