Network Radio Reaches Over 184 Million Persons 12+ On a Weekly Basis
September 20, 2012 at 3:34 AM (PT)
ARBITRON reported in its SEPTEMBER 2012 RADAR (Radio's All Dimension Audience Research) Radio Network Ratings that over 184 million Persons 12 and older, or approximately 71% of this demographic, heard one or more network radio commercials in an average week of the survey period.
The RADAR SEPTEMBER 2012 survey period demonstrates network radio's ability to reach a mass audience in all demographics. Commercials aired on the 47 radio networks measure reached:
* 70.5% of Persons aged 12+ (184,473,000 Persons)
* 70.9% of Persons aged 18+ (167,681,000 Persons)
* 70.2% of Persons aged 35+ (115,207,000 Persons)
* 73.5% of Persons aged 18-49 (98,851,000 Persons)
* 74.1% of Persons aged 25-54 (93,624,000 Persons)
ARBITRON RADAR is the standard currency for national network radio ratings and measures 47 individual radio networks. These networks are operated by AMERICAN URBAN RADIO NETWORKS, CRYSTAL MEDIA NETWORKS, CUMULUS MEDIA NETWORKS, DIAL GLOBAL INC., PREMIERE RADIO NETWORKS, and UNITED STATIONS RADIO NETWORKS.