Hunter And Josh Receive 'Cease And Desist' Order From Cumulus After Move To WKRL
October 23, 2012 at 3:14 PM (PT)
Last week GALAXY COMMUNICATIONS Active Rock WKRL(K ROCK)/SYRACUSE hired HUNTER AND JOSH for mornings, crossing the street from CUMULUS Active Rocker WAQX(95 X)/SYRACUSE (NET NEWS 10/18). But when HUNTER AND JOSH went on the air last FRIDAY, OCTOBER 19th, according to the SYRACUSE POST-STANDARD, they had been hit with an apparent "cease and desist" order from CUMULUS and their former station WAQX.
JOSH GROSVENT tweeted that CUMULUS had gave them the order, but GALAXY Pres./CEO ED LEVINE told them to go on the air. LEVINE said GROSVENT had received a digital copy of the cease-and-desist order. HUNTER SCOTT said he has not received the order. He said he expects one through certified mail. He said he was called by a top manager, "reminding me of (the) section of my contract that expired six weeks ago addressing my purging the company of employees."
The SYRACUSE POST-STANDARD also reported that LEVINE said he's forwarded a copy of the order to GALAXY's attorneys. "If 95X had done the right thing and offered a contract to these guys, they would still be at 95X," LEVINE said. "Cut-and-dried."