It's A Record Breaking Launch For Justin Timberlake
January 21, 2013 at 3:26 AM (PT)
Congratulations to EVP/GM JOE RICCITELLI and the entire staff of RCA RECORDS on an incredible record breaking launch for JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE’s "Suit & Tie," featuring JAY-Z. Among the MEDIABASE records set this week:
* At Top 40, the highest debut ever at Top 40 at #15, first week spins at 5788, first week audience at 53.2 million, and one week spin and audience gain.
* At Rhythmic, the most first week spins at 1951.
* The largest first week spin total for U.S. formats combined at 9394 as well as the largest first week audience at 93.4 million people.
* The highest debuting song of the week at four U.S. formats: Top 40 (#15), Rhythmic (#20), Hot AC (#23), and Urban (#31).
* #1 Greatest Gainer at four formats in the process.
RCA also set a new record as a label this week with 18 songs among the Greatest Gainers on U.S. formats in one week -- four of those, of course, being from JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE.