More LPFMs Granted By FCC
January 29, 2014 at 4:15 AM (PT)
The FCC has granted more low-power FM applications, including the following:
- SPENCER-VAN ETTEN CSD, SPENCER, NY
- FORT PAYNE CHURCH OF CHRIST, FORT PAYNE, AL
- KINGSFORD COMMUNITY RADIO, INC., QUINESEC, MI
- SPRUCE CREEK GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC., SUMMERFIELD, FL
- TEAM, INC., PORT GIBSON, MS
- BUFFALO BROADCASTING SYSTEM, GARDEN CITY, KS
- BEAR CREEK FELINE CENTER, INC., YOUNGSTOWN, FL
- FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF WHEELWRIGHT, KENTUCKY, INC., WHEELWRIGHT, KY
- FIRST ASSEMBLY OF GOD CHURCH, KANKAKEE, IL
- EGLISE EVANGELIQUE VOEU DIVIN, SUGARLOAF, FL
- MINISTERIOS EL JORDAN, CARTHAGE, MO
- SEAGOVILLE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, SEAGOVILLE, TX
- COLLEGE OF THE OUACHITAS, MALVERN, AR
- KEY WEST SPIRIT FM, KEY WEST, FL
In other FCC activity, THOMAS HINES has requested a Silent STA for WVLQ/PORT ST. JOE, FL after a temporary resumption to keep the license alive; the station has plans to build at a new transmitter site.
RADIO ASSIST MINISTRY, INC. has closed on the sale of the construction permit for FM translator W288CJ/OVIEDO, FL to SALEM's PENNSYLVANIA MEDIA ASSOCIATES, INC. for $50,000.
CHERRY CREEK RADIO has closed on the sale of SAN DIEGO rimshot Top 40 KSIQ (Q96)/CAMPO, CA, to EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION. EMF owns Contemporary Christian KLVJ (K-LOVE)/JULIAN, CA-SAN DIEGO in the market. KALIL AND CO., INC. served as exclusive broker for the KSIQ deal.
The donation of Silent WDTW-A/DETROIT by CLEAR CHANNEL to MINORITY MEDIA AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS COUNCIL has closed.
And ONDA MEXICANA RADIO GROUP, INC. has been notified of a proposed $8,000 fine for failing to respond to a Notice of Violation at Regional Mexican WWFL-A/CLERMONT, FL.