Fox Cancels 'The X Factor' As Simon Cowell Exits
February 10, 2014 at 3:31 AM (PT)
FOX TV confirmed on FRIDAY (2/7) that the U.S. VERSION of the singing competition THE X FACTOR won't return for another season. Lead judge and creator-executive producer SIMON COWELL has announced he intends to return to the U.K. version of the show.
"I've had a fantastic time over the last 12 years, both on THE X FACTOR and AMERICAN IDOL, COWELL said in a statement. "And apart from being lucky enough to find some amazing talent on the shows, I have always had an incredible welcome from the American public (most of the time!). Last year, for a number of reasons, I had to make a decision to return to the U.K. version of THE X FACTOR in 2014. So for now, I'm back to the U.K. and I want to thank FOX for being an incredible partner and I also want to thank everybody who has supported my shows. AMERICA, I'll see you soon!"
"To all of us at FOX, SIMON is more than one of the most prolific TV personalities of our time -- he's part of our family, FOX's KEVIN REILLY said. "A consummate showman and partner, there's no one more passionate or creative than SIMON, and we feel so fortunate to have enjoyed such a wonderful, collaborative relationship with him over the past 12 years. Unfortunately, there is no X FACTOR USA without SIMON COWELL, but we understand and support his decision to focus on the international formats and on the next phase of his personal life. We wish him the very best, and it's our sincere hope that we work together again soon."